Saturday 22 January 2011

Who Am I?

I figured that since you, the reader, probably don't know who I am, I should introduce myself.  It's important to me to remain anonymous and so I won't tell you specifics about me - my real name, where I live etc. but I don't think those things are particularly important. I hope that as you read my blog and read a bit about where I've come from and where I'm going, you'll get to know me.

So, who am I?

Sometimes I ask myself that question and struggle to answer it.  I suppose we're all on a journey, learning about ourselves and the world we live in.  For me, the world I now live in can be a very confusing place.  It's very different from the world I grew up in.  I won't get into all that right now, other than to say my world was a frightening and lonely place.  But, I'm a fighter and I survived.  I am strong and I want to live!

Sometimes I feel like Humpty Dumpty - broken into so many pieces that "All the king's horses and all the king's men, couldn't put Humpty together again!". One thing I've learnt though, is that without hope there is nothing.  Without hope, there is no survival, no fight to live.  I choose to live. I choose to love. I choose to fight and I am a survivor. Even though I feel broken, and even though I am broken in what feels like every way, the one thing they cannot break or take from me is my spirit. 

So this is me.  A girl on a journey to healing.  A girl finding hope and freedom.  Putting the pieces back together again.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're really brave to start this blog! I'm proud of you sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete

blog ping service